For years, Mad Scientist Journal has brought readers tales from the world of mad science. This year, we are now bringing you tales from the end times in Selfies from the End of the World: Historical Accounts of the Apocalypse. Survivors of zombie plagues, nuclear holocausts, the Rapture, or the inevitable death of the universe will share their tales of their experiences. Or, at least, several authors will write stories from the point of view of these people.
We won’t know the exact contents until we open up our call for submissions, but the sort of stories we have in mind might include:
- A report from an angel harvesting the faithful at the Rapture and running into trouble.
- A man trying to apologize to his boyfriend in the brief span of time available before the bombs hit.
- Zombie outbreaks in the heart of Tokyo.
- The narrative of a survivor of a breach in space and time, recounting her life in the a shattered world where time is meaningless.
- A war reporter on the front lines of Ragnarok.
- Two women and their adopted child struggling to survive in the flooded out ruins of Mumbai after global warming destroys the world economy.
- Survivors in the Amazon basin after genetic engineering turns the rain forest into a warren of carnivorous plants.
Favorite perk ($15)
Paper Record: Receive a physical copy of the book as well, plus the rewards from Digital Record.