The Mad Genius Controller is a controller for just about any gaming platform. PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, as well as older versions, are supported. The controller works like a regular gamepad when snapped together, with buttons and pads and whatnot. But when you split it in half it’s an universal motion controller that, according to the folks at Mad Genius, will give you an edge in a lot of games. This is supposed to work with your current games, there’s no need for patches or specific support of any kind.
The Mad Genius Controller does indeed look good. A receiver connects to your consoler or PC, and the communication with the unit is wireless. You’ll be able to create your own configurations for how the controller should work with various games, and also be able to share these with others. All in all, it sounds pretty cool.
Why Would I want one?
- You can use it with any game and console, even the ones you already own
- No waiting on special titles to be developed for it
- You can use this ONE controller on all your consoles
- Its Ergonomic. When split apart the controller is much more comfortable than a traditional controller
- It adds 1/100th of an inch precision aiming, pointing and moving to your game
- Use motion for in-game actions such as reload, melee, open doors, pick things up and more
- Your game character can move with you, walking, ducking and sidestepping right along with you
- Program button combinations into an easily remembered motion
- Final Version will be wireless
- Works with head mounted displays
This one device gives you the features of a:
- Standard Controller
- Motion Controller
- Steering Wheel
- Flight Stick
- Mod Enabled Controller
- But takes up the space of a traditional controller!!
Did we say it works with all your existing games???
The interesting perks are obviously those offering the Mad Genius Controller, or MGC as they call it in the descriptions, but if you’re a developer you might be interested in the dev kits as well.
Favorite perk ($329)
UNIVERSAL CONTROLLER: Receive a complete kit consisting of 1 MGC Split-Apart Game controller, sensor array, universal console adapter, Game Profile editing software, and multiple game profiles.